There are times when you need extra assistance, but you are not ready to enter into a full-time care center. The majority of seniors who require short- or long-term medical care or support say they prefer the comfort and privacy of home, where familiar surroundings are more conducive to recovery. One way to maintain this independence and comfort, while still receiving the healthcare assistance you need, is to enlist an in home healthcare professional. Lufkin and Onalaska each have a location where you can find award-winning caregiver services. Voted the “Best of Lufkin” for 2012 and 2013, A Compassionate Care provides healthcare nurses to assist patients who want to remain in their homes while getting the best care available.
Patients who value their independence will find unsurpassed in-home healthcare service through A Compassionate Care. We are a licensed, certified home health care agency, and our healthcare nurses are trained to provide short-term and long-term home healthcare. From wound care to physical therapy, our caregivers will work with you so that you can remain where you are most comfortable – in your home. We appreciate the faith and trust that patients and families place in us when we are invited into their homes to provide home healthcare, and we guard that faith and trust each and every day.
Our nurses, therapists, aides, and social workers come directly to you at a time that is convenient for you. Your physician will prescribe the treatment plan that is best for you, and our registered nurses will follow this plan and remain in close contact with your doctor to ensure that the best possible care is being provided.
With locations in Onalaska and Lufin, TX, A Compassionate Care provides services for:
- Seniors who need help with their daily living tasks or who are disabled, bed or wheelchair-bound.
- Seniors recovering after being discharged from a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation facility.
- Family caregivers who need time away from their care-giving responsibilities.
As home healthcare professionals committed to positive clinical experience, we care for clients with a variety of needs. Because each person’s needs are unique, our services are flexible and our staff is trained to meet a variety of special health care requirements.
You are entitled to home healthcare if you:
- are at least 65 years of age or have been entitled to disability benefits.
- have a doctor’s plan of care.
- are homebound (leaving home must require a “considerable and taxing effort”).
- require skilled nursing or skilled therapy services on an intermittent or part-time basis. In most instances, Medicare often pays 100% of your care if you meet the eligibility requirements.